Fish vs. Crabs is a social, fully immersive 3D tower defense game. Collect rare fish while defending your eggs from invading crabs.
Fish vs. Crabs is a fully immersive 3D underwater Tower Defense Game. You play the role of the fish defending your eggs from invading crabs, shrimp and lobster. The invaders advance along the sandy ocean bottom toward their goal. You must strategically place your towers in an effort to prevent the invaders from reaching your eggs and escaping with them.
Once you have successfully defended your eggs, they are taken to a protected reef that you see as your main game menu. This reef is unique to the player and you may customize this reef by adding and removing corals, sponges, rocks, other fish and special items that you may discover during game play.
In addition to the standard tower defense game, Fish vs. Crabs has other small games built into it. By discovering hidden objects around the reef and completing objectives with those objects such as raising the flag on the pirate ship, the player will unlock additional corals, sponges and other items that may be used to decorate the reef on the main menu.
If you are connected to a social network, you may visit your friends reef or they may visit yours so you may see how they have chosen to decorate your reef, which fish you have unlocked or even leave you a message in a bottle or other trinkets for you to discover. You may even hide objects in your reef for them to entice them to visit.
New items will be added to the system at regular intervals for you to discover and decorate your reef system with. We will continuously be refining fish behaviors, improving visuals and balancing game play to give you the best game experience and enjoyment of your reef in addition to new and challenging Tower Defense levels and new objectives.
Once your reef is built the way you like it, why not spend some more time there? Download the screensaver for your PC (and other systems later). If you don’t like it, play some more and change it.
March 14th, 2014 update
Fish vs Crabs 1.2 has been released
Release Notes for 1.2
- Android/iOS/Kindle Fire: New payment model eliminates nickel and dime payments. First 8 levels are free, then game may be fully unlocked with a single low payment.
- Approximately 25 new hidden objects to find in reef with 3 new hidden object achievements such as Queen’s Jewels, Jar of Marbles and Poseidon’s Trident.
- New hidden achievement
- New Attacker – Tiger Prawn
- New tips added
- New graphics visuals for highest visual quality mode
- Tweaks to crab attack paths
- Clearer behaviors around volcanic erruptions
- Bug fixes and performance tweaks
- Android: More supported devices
February 5th, 2014 update
Fish vs. Crabs version 1.1 has been released
Release notes for 1.1
- New Volcanic Island available for play with 8 new levels
- Tiki Quest. This new achievement is yours if you find all 5 tikis. Place your giant bubbly tiki in your home reef.
- New screensaver mode optional in the main reef. After you have built up your reef, wait for 2 minutes and the UI will disappear leaving you with only the reef view.
- Dolphin Attraction – Hatch fish and build up your reef sufficiently will attract dolphins to the reef as well as adding dolphins to the islands view.
- New hidden achievement… but I won’t spoil that here. Spoilers will be make available for those that look for them.
- Improved camera behaviors
- A new Hidden Object dialog shows what needs to be found and what it unlocks.
- Look up! Hold down shift while scrolling with a mouse, or use gestures with two fingers up/down will cause the camera to look up or down. While not necessary for game play, it has been added to prepare for Oculus Rift support and completes the underwater experience.
- Dozens of new fish, corals and decorative objects have been added.
- Bug fixes, performance fixes and visual improvements.
- Gesture control has been added. Pinch-Zoom, two finger rotation and two finger scroll up and down have been added. To activate gestures, select “Use Gestures” in the player options dialog on the main menu. Using gestures will turn off the arrow control buttons at the bottom of the screen.
November 14, 2013 update
Fish vs Crabs has been released to distribution.