Jar of Marbles III: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow has received it’s first game update in nearly two years. The update was provided to address some recent changes in Google’s merchant services, but then we got a little carried away. Once we started making fixes, there were simply more things to do. The story line was revised, UI flow was improved to get you in the game faster, visual effects were updated… and lots more.
The update is currently available on Google Play and Amazon Underground. iOS version is working it’s way through Apple’s submission process and Wild Tangent Store will be picking it up shortly.
The official release notes
– The Release Notes are here!
– Jars are pre-populated to remove inconsistent game play. Marbles still drop in some quick play modes.
– Tutorial items have been simplified
– Using the Power Wheel shows marbles that will be destroyed
– Power wheel effect is faster
– Notification if server does not respond to purchase request
– Storyline moved to map screen, out of game play
– Turning off objectives now goes straight to game play, no distracting dialog to click through
– Watch a video is an option to wake up Old Man Irving
– Graphics enhancements on all mobile devices
– Enlarged play area show better marble details
– Puzzle/Level Names more integrated into storyline
– Background images are named and integrated into storyline
– Higher scoring games
– Map scrolls and moves around on touch
– Puzzles highlight currently active state, showing silver and gold states
– Remove stars as it implies high or low score. Replace with pumpkins.
– Unlocking marbles has better visuals
– Replay for Silver and Gold puzzle pieces get progressively more difficult
– Increased number of coins user can hold to 600,000
– New button layout to clean up displays
– Race the clock can no longer use power-ups
– Some achievements not saved when switching away from application
– New in-app purchase framework
– Lightning blast shows all marbles to destroy
– Audio sometimes does not play
– Text changes to clarify instructions and reduce confusion